1. an activity involving skill in making things by hand.
1. exercise skill in making (something).
1. the matter from which a thing is or can be made.
1. a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is built or made.
1. decide upon the look and functioning of (a building, garment, or other object), typically by making a detailed drawing of it.
noun: context; plural noun: contexts
1. the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.